If you are in the market for Key West homes for sale, then here are some of the top reasons that you should look into hiring a Key west real estate agent as soon as you can.
1. Old town key west is the area known as downtown Key West. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, bars, and tourist attractions in town, but there is a significant year round population, many of whom are people who vacationed there and decided to buy a home.
2. Local activities in the area around Key West include bike rentals, electric car rentals, personal watercraft, parasailing, boating, sport fishing, whale watching, scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, and a whole lot more.
3. Dry Tortugas Park, or dry turtle park, is an Island and National Park in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. It is a popular vacation and day trip attraction about 70 miles west of Key West. It has an interesting history associated with it as well due to the fact that it used to be called Fort Jefferson. After being abandoned as a naval base in the 1800s, it became a prison and is most famous for having housed Samuel Mudd, an accused accomplice of the assassin of President Abraham Lincoln.
4. If you are a fan of the beach or the ocean, you will be happy to find out that the highest elevation in Key West is only 18 feet above sea level.
5. Did you know that there are three Civil War forts located on Key West? This is one of the best reasons for the general history buff to look into hiring a Key west real estate agent in order to find their new home.